Thursday 8 April 2010

How it all started...

Please bear with me if I start to waffle.....

After my son was born last year, I decided I wanted to make toys for him. I went to Hobbycraft and found a book called "Toys to Sew" written by Claire Garland. The book is jam packed full of really cool projects for the advanced stitcher down to a novice (or someone like me who hasn't sewn since school). I decided to tackle making a T Rex and when it was finished I was so proud of myself, and it didn't seem to take me very long to make...result!

When my friend's little girl's first birthday was coming up, I offered to make a felt bunting banner. My head was filled with ideas, how to make it, what colours to use. I finally settled on the style of letters and to incorporate numbers so the banner can be used for nine birthdays. The banner spelt "Happy 1 Birthday Emily" using primary and secondary colours....it was great and my friend was thrilled! And that's how it all officially started, I became hooked on crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment