Friday 23 April 2010

Been Inspired this week....must be the sunshine!

I've been busy again and finished off two Happy Birthday buntings for two little boys, one is two on Sunday and the other is one on Monday. I have also been trying out different techniques in order to photograph them. With these, I just found a sheet of A1 paper and took them outside in the sun to make the most of the light. (My husbands Digital SLR helps too)

This one is dark blue, red and white,....

....and this one is dark and light blue and red.

What do you think of the shots? Arty?

Well, I mentioned in my last blog that I needed some inspiration as to what other motifs I could use for the boys bunting and I took my sketch pad to bed and started scribbling. I have doodled up sketches of rocket ships ( my son's bedroom theme), cars and tractors. I know, I know, ....... they are the stereotypical ideas for boys, but then that would be the themes people would have for their rooms.

Any-who, I also had an idea for a different kind of bunting, as in not a name or "Happy Birthday", just simple, colourful flags maybe with a motif on every couple of flags. For myself, I have planned an Indian Summer theme, with bright oranges, blues, greens, and pinks......with a Peacock motif, and little bells on the ends of the flags for when the wind catches it. It would look great with our new seating that my husband has nearly finished.

Oh just thought I would share with you, our chicken coop is now complete, all we need now are the chickens. Off to Abergavenny on Sunday to price up our birds ...... x


No comments:

Post a Comment